Just in case you have some lingering questions, we hope this FAQ page will helpful.

If you are still grappling with some burning questions, please feel free to reach out to either of us directly. 


What time should I arrive at the party?

4pm, or 16 Uhr. Sparkling wine and hors d'oeuvre will be served on Rud-Alpe's panorama terrace starting at 4 on Saturday the 25th of August.

What should I wear to the party?

Be comfortable. Feel free to dress up or down as you like. Austrian traditional dress (dirndls and lederhosen) will be more than appreciated. But honestly, we want you to be comfortable. Shorts and flip flops are fine, but understandably some people will want to peacock. Just be you. It's a party.

Are children invited to the party?

Yes, children are welcome to attend the party. There is an upstairs area at the restaurant venue where we will provide babysitters and activities. The upstairs is very much still part of the chalet and is not closed off by doors and hallways. Kids and parents can easily go up and down at will.

How do I get to the venue? Rud-Alpe Restaurant

Rud-Alpe is not accessible by private car. There are 2 ways to walk there:


1) Walk straight up from Lech village (road/trail switches back and forth a little but still a bit of a vertical hike).

2) Walk to the Bergbahn in Lech, take the cable car up to Oberlech, walk across the hillside to Rud-Alpe (very scenic walk & less elevation change)

Do I have to walk home from the party too?

Walking is an option but there will also be taxis made available. Keep in mind that taxi service is pretty expensive in Lech. Even though it is a short distance from Rud-Alpe to the bottom of the village (probably less than 2 km), prices could range from 30-50 Euro.

If I don’t golf can I still attend the BBQ?

YES!! Please include your intention to attend the BBQ on the RSVP page.

What if I don’t speak German?

Not usually a problem! Lech is a town that sees a lot of tourism and it is not difficult to find someone who speaks English. That said, it is always a nice gesture to know a few phrases in German to break the ice. Click here for useful phrases.

Where can I eat in Lech?

Lech is primarily a skiing village so not all restaurants in Lech are open in the summer. See the Lech-Zürs tourism website to find out who will be serving.

Do I need a reservation at restaurants?

Reservations at restaurants (even casual dining) are quite common and often necessary as it is not unusual for a table to be seated only once during lunch or dinner service. Nevertheless, it is also fine to show up unannounced and ask to be seated. It is common practice in Austria and Germany to sit at the same table with strangers (e.g., if the table fits 6 people and two seats are free, you may be asked to fill the remaining two seats. Weird right? But also sort of nice.)

Many restaurants in Germany and Austria will close their kitchen after lunch service and before dinner. Times can vary but typically between 2 pm & 5 or 6 pm

Is there a grocery store in Lech?

Yes, there is a grocery store in Lech called Spar.

What will the weather be like in Lech in August?

Hopefully very beautiful! Under ideal conditions, the temperature could reach into the high 70s during the day but in the evenings/night it is not unusual to drop down into the 50s. Sunscreen is still a good idea every day as the elevation will make the sun more intense even if the temperature is chilly enough to require a sweatshirt.

Should I get/Do I need a Lech Card?

No, you do not NEED a Lech card but if you plan on taking advantage of the buses and/or cable cars in the region then it might be worth it to purchase one. The Lech Card can be purchased at your hotel/pension front desk.

What else is there to do in Lech besides golf? The short answer: many things!!

  • Hike. The scenery in the Arlberg is absolutely stunning. There are trails that start at Lech village and you can walk around in the valley or hike up into the mountains. Alternatively, you can take the cable cars up and hike around at elevation (you can hike or take the cable car back down). There are restaurants/huts up in the mountains where you can take breaks and/or stop for lunch. If you are so inclined, there are also cabins where you can spend the night.

  • Mountain Biking. You can rent a bike from shops in Lech to take out on the mountain trails. There is also a special Burgwald Bike Trail which includes a designed course

  • Explore more of the Arlberg region. There are local buses that can take you to Zug (also walkable on local trails), Zürs, and St. Anton (as of the day this is site was developed, the summer 2018 bus schedule in Lech was not yet posted). You can pay for the buses with cash when you board or your Lech Card will cover the fare on most buses (buses to St. Anton may not be included as it is a farther trek).

  • Fishing. You can enjoy the trout pond in Zug (next to the golf course) or the Lech river for a fee.

  • Swimming Pool and Playground for the kids/family. Admission included with Lech Card

  • Family Play Park. Not open in the mornings. Includes table tennis and mini golf

Are there any unique road rules I should be aware of while in Austria/Europe?

If you are renting a car and driving to Lech, be sure to ask the rental agency whether or not your car already has a ‘vignette’ or ‘toll sticker.’

The vignette is a windshield sticker that is required for driving on the highways in Austria. If you are starting from another country then just make sure you stop at a gas station or convenience store before entering Austria and purchase the vignette. Do not enter Austria on the highway and take the first exit (this is where the police are waiting to pull over and fine violators - usually 150 Euro). The vignette sticker is not expensive: 9 Euro for a 10 day sticker. There is also the option for an annual vignette, but it is rather expensive (89 Euro). If you are lucky, your rental car already may have a valid annual vignette on the windshield.

**If you are coming from Switzerland: the Swiss as well require their own vignette, so be sure that you have both of them for highway driving (not required for local roads). The Swiss highway sticker comes in only an annual version and is probably around 40 CHF.

  • Be careful not to put petrol gas in a diesel car. When you pick up your rental it is be useful to double-check with the agent as to whether your vehicle takes regular gas or diesel - Europeans love diesels. The manual inside the car probably won't be in English.
  • Yes, in Germany there are designated sections of the highways that have no speed limit, but that is not the case in Austria. The maximum speed limit in Austria is 130 kph (about 80 mph).
  • Driving in Austria is not complicated but a little research ahead of time wouldn’t hurt.

What are some other customs I should be aware of?

  • Most restaurants will not serve you “tap” water, but if they do, don’t be surprised if there is still a charge for it on your receipt later. It is more common for a server to ask if you want sparkling or still water and they will bring it to the table in a bottle.
  • Be sure to check out at the front desk of your hotel/pension before you leave.
  • Many places are closed on Sundays. The only places open are usually restaurants.
  • Many restaurants are closed on Mondays or Tuesdays (a "rest day", or "Ruhetag"). 
  • Camping in a tent is not permitted. If you wish to stay overnight up in the mountains then please book a cabin.